why is this happening to me?

General questions about recovery
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

why is this happening to me?

Unread postby imjustme » Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:01 pm

This morning I woke up but once again passed out drunk on my door step.... I hate this Disease because I cant accept it. :( When will I learn????
imjustme

Re: why is this happening to me?

Unread postby BC26 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:03 pm

Hi ImJustMe,

There is nothing left for you to accept if you are in fact alcoholic. Being an alcoholic which I (as I qualify myself) undoubtedly am means that when I start drinking i don't know when I am going to stop and when I stop I don't know when I will start again. Unfortunately for me I had to continuously test that theory many times, until I was utterly broken. If that description seems to fit you, than you may in fact be alcoholic and that means you have what is called a spiritual malady, the symptoms of a spiritual malady as explained in the big book on page 52, state "We were having trouble with personal relationships, we couldn't control our emotional natures, we were prey to misery and depression, we couldn't make a living, we had a feeling of uselessness, we were full of fear, we were unhappy, we couldn't seem to be of real help to other people-" if those symptoms seem to fit feel free to email me and we can talk further on the solution.fracturedbeforethefall@yahoo.com

God Loves you...
BC26

Re: why is this happening to me?

Unread postby kymba » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:07 am

Great response BC26! I too found myself in that position. I used to drink beer, but the "liquor is quicker" started working for me. Then the passing out. I learned that was a black out. This became very scary for me. Imjustme, you have realized you don't like this, just as I realized. Before doing it again, reach out and talk to someone. Talking to someone instead of drinking into oblivion is the best thing you can do for yourself.
kymba

Return to New to Recovery?