New to Sobriety Online

General questions about recovery
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

New to Sobriety Online

Unread postby JRT » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:11 pm

Hi everyone,i am new to this online stuff so if anyone can help me get started that would be great!! I am a recovering pain pill addict who just got my nursing liscense suspended for non compliance with the recovery program. My main problem was not going to metings... I have been clean for a year and a half and working as a nursing assistant night shift which makes it really hard to attend meetings. That is my story in short i just need help getting started, thanks in advance. JRT
JRT

Re: New to Sobriety Online

Unread postby Guest » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:54 am

Did you tell them why you're not going to meetings? Can you appeal?

Unread postby JRT » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:02 am

yeah i did tell them but it dosen't matter, they don't want to hear excuses bc thats what i agreed to when i signed the papers, which was 3 meetings a week.... it won't be easy to appeal my lawyer dosen't recomend bc i would be watched worse than i am now. i call everyday mon-fri to see if i have random drug screens, im not supposed to leave the state w/o permission, i have to inform all my doctors im in the program and send in medications and refills of meds every month
JRT

Unread postby Guest » Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:37 am

What does your lawyer recommend at this point? What do you have to do to get your license back? Did they give you any options? You said your license was suspended so I'm assuming they told you what to do to get it back.

Unread postby JRT » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:14 pm

My lawyer recommends me not fighting, because i was wrong by not going to the meetings, i still have to go for random drug tests, meetings, and everything that i was supposed to be doing from the start, which i was except for the metings, for another 3 years then i have to petition to get my liscense back
JRT

Unread postby serenity720 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:25 pm

Hi, I'm new to this and don't know where to begin. I have been sober since July 6, 2009. I also am on probation and need to check in with probation officer. As a matter of fact he was just at my house. This has been extremely hard. any suggestions.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:25 pm.
serenity720

Return to New to Recovery?