Help

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Help

Unread postby rail123 » Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:44 am

I need help! Can I just go to a meeting? How do I get started?
rail123

Unread postby chrysalis » Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:54 pm

I want to start going to meetings. I need transportation. I live in Ambler; there is a meeting tonight that I would like to go to. Please email me; carolrs1@yahoo.com. I don't know how to use this website.
chrysalis

Unread postby November_rain » Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:10 am

Hey rail123,
Yes, choose a meeting and go. Once there, you'll meet people who will be able to help.

Hey chrysalis,
Did you go to that meeting on Saturday? If you need help with the web site, please email back with your questions.
November_rain

There is hope!

Unread postby Serenity » Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:55 pm

rail123,

Welcome to SobrietyOnline.com. If you want go to a meeting click the following link and select a town where you feel comfortable going to.

http://www.sobrietyonline.com/meetings/aa-meetings-town.php

I am assuming it is a AA Meeting you are looking for.

A good first step is to just go to a meeting and listen. They can tell you more than I can write here. Talk with people before and after the meeting. I have found that helps as much as the meeting. They are in the same place as you (us).

Also, you may want to consider counseling. There are many treatment centers in PA. Click the following link to search for a treatment center:

http://www.sobrietyonline.com/treatment/treatment-facility-city.php

I hope this helps. Please post back if you need more information.

Serenity
Serenity

Re: Help w/ transportation

Unread postby desperation » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:54 pm

Desperation here! I need suggestions. I've been around AA since the early 80"s and true, I've had my share of R&D adventures but this is not about my past. I live on Easton Road in Abington and very close to the Glenside Clubhouse. But, I grew up at the Flourtown meeting above the Sorella Rose. I accumulated many years there and friends...true friends. In 2002 I, because of forgetting my priorities, lost my sobriety and landed in jail. As of Feb 7, 2014 I will celebrate once again two years. I dont remember the last time I was able to get to Flourtown. For over a year I have put my hand up, posted notices and BEGGED for anyone to give me a ride to Flourtown. I will pay...I am available anytime. Today, a friend with 25 years remember the basic premise that one can only keep it by giving it away...It has been my first time back in Flourtown in over 1 year. What happened to the basics? Ironically today, with at least 30 members present I appealed to the group for rides anytime. There were people there with almost 30 years...some I physically approached. Not one offered me a ride. What do I do, where do I go ? i ran out of the energy to ask and the humility to beg...there must be someone, who practices a conscious contact with the higher power. Listen to him. He doesn't want me to suffer
desperation

Re: Help

Unread postby desperation » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:02 pm

Serenity, I am in counseling, I read the literature. I talk on line, phone calls...I WANT TO GO TO MEETINGS!!! WHY IS THAT SO HARD TO GRASP? I live alone, don't drive and there is only so much you cam
n do with a phone call. In the old days, they drove hundreds of miles to take people to meetings..I need a ten minute ride. I will pay for gas for coffee, for pizza afterward. When I sponsored people this was the pinnacle of selflesness. What happened?
God help us...Dr. Bob and Bill Wilson would be turning in their graves
desperation

Re: Help

Unread postby November_rain » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:53 pm

Hi Desperation, it's so sad to hear that you cannot find a ride to go to Flourtown. Is there anybody out there who reads the forum who can help Desperation?
November_rain

Return to Alcoholism - General Discussion