I need to stop

General questions about recovery
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

I need to stop

Unread postby ZenithHG » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:13 pm

I am a highly-educated, successful professional slowly killing myself and losing my wife and young children because I can't stop drinking. I have to stop today, right now to save myself. It may be too late for my family. I'd like to talk to someone, I'm going to try to go my first AA meeting tonight. Thanks.
ZenithHG

Re: I need to stop

Unread postby Guest » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:50 am

Did you go last night? Share if you wish. And go to several meetings a day if need be. Reading books to understand what addiction is all about also helps. Go see a therapist. But don't give up!!!

Unread postby guest » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:23 pm

I too suffer with this horrible desaese - been in rehab - two detox's and now in intensive outpatient.
I am also married with kids and if i pick up again i will be out on the street. Get to as many AA meetings as possible and raise your hand and tell them you NEED a sponsor - then CALL THEM! I have been in recovery (in and out) for 1 yr and the last step i did was acquire a sponsor....trust me it should have been the first. good luck praying for you. it is fixable!!!!

Unread postby J » Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:54 pm

Please let us know if you are going to meetings.
J

Unread postby freddy3 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:26 pm

J wrote:Please let us know if you are going to meetings.

Hey... I'm in the same boat. Did you find a meeting to go to?

Last bumped by Anonymous on Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:26 pm.
freddy3

Return to New to Recovery?