I need to change

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

I need to change

Unread postby cynicalcat@verizon.net » Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:42 am

I'm new here. Looking for support, I suppose. I've always had problems w/ alcohol. I'm 33. I spent last night in jail after a DUI accident. It's a wake up call. I'm so ashamed of myself ... more than I normally am. I don't know how to stop hating, how to stop destroying myself. BUT I HAVE TO! I put my boyfriend through so much last night. I just cannot keep going on like this. Thanks for reading this.
cynicalcat@verizon.net

Re: I need to change

Unread postby awm » Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:55 pm

It is never too late to stop drinking but you need the support of an AA group. Find the nearest meetings and start going every day. Take it one day at a time and PRAY. You will get support from people you never thought possible.
awm

Unread postby sandyc1115 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:26 am

The good news here is that you realize that you must stop. I endured 3 arrests before I stopped. I am an unusual bird, as I quit the day my son said"mom you've got to stop". I quit drinking and smoking right then and there . I have never been to a meeting, as I have found this journey to be a severely private one. I can relate to your comment about hating and destroying yourself. As that is what I was doing as well. The irony of my situation, and the reason I am even on this site is that my son is now struggling with alcohol! I feel so helpless and in just disbelief, after he watched me (till he was 9 years old) drink heavily............how can he do this?
Clean yourself up, I was 37 on my day of awakening, you have many years to enjoy. Don't waste another day! Good luck, love yourself, you're worth it.
sandyc1115

Unread postby Rain » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:47 am

You've always had problems with alcohol, but do you think you are an alcoholic?

cynicalcat@verizon.net wrote:I'm new here. Looking for support, I suppose. I've always had problems w/ alcohol. I'm 33. I spent last night in jail after a DUI accident. It's a wake up call. I'm so ashamed of myself ... more than I normally am. I don't know how to stop hating, how to stop destroying myself. BUT I HAVE TO! I put my boyfriend through so much last night. I just cannot keep going on like this. Thanks for reading this.
Rain

Unread postby kaiwes1@yahoo.com » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:42 pm

So its now Sept. a few days have gone by with what you described as pitiful demoralization as we call it. Call the local AA office find a meeting, suggest that you can't drive and somebody might be able to pick you up. Let them know in the meeting you are new and seek someone out to speak to after the meeting. Don't give up, we are always there and we can help you if you are wiiking to help yourself
kaiwes1@yahoo.com

Unread postby Elbern_96 » Fri May 12, 2017 6:10 am

Really couldn’t stop myself on commenting on this as my brother is going through similar situation. Even he had to hire a Los Angeles DUI attorney to get his charges reduced last year, still he doesn’t understand things and almost daily do drunk driving. We have a hard time dealing with him.
Elbern_96

Return to Alcoholism - General Discussion