need to find a dr to prescribe Naltrexone

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

need to find a dr to prescribe Naltrexone

Unread postby margie25 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:02 am

I am trying to find a family Dr in Philadelphia to prescribe me naltrexone. I do not have a reg doc and have read that not all GPs will prescribe to a new patient. Please help if you or anyone you know has had sucess finding a good docter to prescribe.
margie25

Re: need to find a dr to prescribe Naltrexone

Unread postby Need2beclean » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:58 pm

Hi there,
I am in Philly and was able to locate a doctor to prescribe naltrexone....what is your situation? What is your drug of choice? I took it and was not able to tolerate it and had to switch to another med to help me. Please PM me and I can get u info.
Need2beclean

Unread postby JZing » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:40 pm

Did he try Subutex or Suboxone? I was in a bad accident and started poping oxicotin like tic tacs. I went on Suboxe and stopped. Now I take one in the morning for pain and it works, without the 'high sensation'. When I go to dr office, evryone is there for H. Suboxone blocks some receptors so you can't get high. Caution! Don't take within 12 hrs of H or you will get sick. Good luck and God bless.
JZing

Unread postby Jules » Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:45 pm

Need2beclean - just to clarify, did you find a doctor to prescribe you the implant? I have been searching high and low for a doctor in our area who can rx the implant for my friend with no luck. It was really disappointing to me that I couldn't locate it.

I definitely agree that suboxone/subutex is great for some people, but others need something different.
Jules

Return to Drug Addiction