Brother's addiction

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Brother's addiction

Unread postby Guest » Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:24 pm

Help - I have a 46 year old brother is addicted to drugs. He now lives with my 69 year old mother and is making life unbearable. He lies, has stolen everything from jewelry to money from her. She has found burnt spoons and little zip lock bags. He works, I think, just odd jobs to support his habit. His appearance is horrible, he lives like a slob and won't admit to having a addiction problem. He has no type of insurance so how does one get into some sort of treatment program? My mother will not throw him out and she knows that she is enabling him, but is at her wits end as to what to do. She knows that if something is done, she will be burying him. Any suggestions?

Unread postby Guest » Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:30 pm

hey guest, have you tried to talk to your physician about it? or have you called one of those rehab facilities to see what you/they can do? your brother needs help as well as your mother. she should not tolerate anything like this in her home.

Return to Alcoholism - General Discussion