What do you do when you don't have insurance???

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

What do you do when you don't have insurance???

Unread postby November_rain » Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:47 am

Hi All,

If you need treatment but do not have insurance, what are your options? Did anyboby have to deal with this situation before? What did you do? Do you know of any organizations willing to help?

PLEASE SHARE WITH US!!!

Thank you,
November rain
November_rain

Unread postby Guest » Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:50 am

you don't have insurance?

Unread postby November_rain » Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:06 am

Hi Guest,

I have insurance. This question is not to help me but all the people out there who do not have insurance and are in need of treatment.

If you are/were in that situation, please share your story. Again, this will be very helpful.

Thank you!
November_rain

Unread postby November_rain » Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:07 am

I'm still looking into that subject with no success so far.

However it looks like, even when you have health insurance, people in need of treatment are being discriminated in many ways. "We know that alcohol and drug addiction is a disease, yet we still have not integrated it into the health insurance system in a way that is meaningful," says William McColl, director of government relations for the National Association of Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors. "People run out of benefits too early," he explains.

A lot of insurers don't want to provide the same coverage for treatment of substance abuse dependence as they do for other diseases like hypertension and diabetes, because they fear it would cost too much.

If you have any thoughts on this subject, please share.
Thanks!
November_rain

Unread postby Guest » Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:32 am

This subject regarding insurance has always intruiged me. I feel so for the people who don't know where to get help because they don't have insurance. I read stories of people who have "snapped" and I know that is the situation. I would be interested in researching this further if you would like.

Unread postby November_rain » Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:11 pm

Hi Guest,
I would love it if you could research it further and share the info. Thanks for your help. It's much appreciated.
November_rain

Unread postby Guest » Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:14 pm

Will do. I have some ideas as to where to start. I will get back to you.

Unread postby Guest » Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:31 pm

I think you go to your township and ask them for a pragram you can enroll in...

Unread postby Guest » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:40 pm

I overdosed when I didn't have insurance and Medicaid covered my rehab trip. However, I went to White Deer Run and though the intentions were good, it was not the ideal rehab facility. I was only able to stay for 2 weeks and ended up doing dope inside. There was no follow up. My next rehab adventure was through a scholarship of the facility. I know that there are resources outside of Medicaid. I contacted Choices in Wilkes-Barre when I was ready and they gave me some information. I went through a tedious process of referrals and the like. Funding is available if you are willing to exhaust these resources and follow through which unfortunately, most addicts aren't in the situation to.

Unread postby November_rain » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:01 pm

For the guest who posted today and the guest who posted on 2/23

Hey guys,
Thanks for the info regarding insurance!!! It's much appreciated. What I'd like to do is come up with a list of organizations you can call if you're an addict, and you need help, but have no insurance.

For the guest who posted today: Did you keep the info you got from Choices in Wilkes-Barre? If so, would you mind sending it to the Admin (under Contact us, home page)? That would definitely help me start the process.

Thanks again!
November_rain

Unread postby Guest » Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:36 pm

Hey. I will definatly go through my papers and look for all of the info. It'll probably take me a day or so but I will try and find it for you.

Unread postby November_rain » Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:46 pm

Thanks!!!
November_rain

Re: What do you do when you don't have insurance???

Unread postby alonzo@196 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:38 pm

Staying clean must come first in all of our life.... If you don't have any insurance, if you are working just ask your boss for medical insurance on the job, or just make meetings seven days and seven times a day or make meetings all day until you get tired that day......keep up the good work my friend...
alonzo@196

Return to Alcoholism - General Discussion