confused

This forum is for family and friends of people who are addicted to drugs
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

confused

Unread postby johndavid1 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:29 am

hi , my husband was clean for 5 years he lost his job back in october still cant find work . He started drinking again about 3 months ago i dont no what to do i dont want to make a false promises to him .i dont want him to drink he cant just have a couple like he swears he can ,and he hides it at that when i ask him or try to talk to him about it he gets mad and says what did i do wrong i had a couple of beers thats not a crime when some of the times you can clearly see it is not a couple its alot. :( i dont trust him when hes drunk at all he wont come home till late and stories are always weird it might be in my head but thats how i feel . i tried talking to him about it last night he got so mad n said im not listening to this and went up to bed we havent talked yet i dont know what to do at all please help ....
johndavid1

Re: confused

Unread postby smiles » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:43 pm

I'm sorry to hear about your husband relasping. But right now, you have to worry about yourself. You can pray and hope he gets it again. But honestly, you can't help him. There was no helping me until I was ready and willing. Hopefully, he will get that again. Again, keep praying for your husband and let god take care of the rest. For you on the other hand, keep going to meetings, pick up the phone and talk to another alcoholic. Take care!
smiles

Return to Family and Friends - Drug Addiction