Lost and confused want to run for the hills

This forum is for family and friends of people who are addicted to drugs
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Lost and confused want to run for the hills

Unread postby Flissk07 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:10 pm

Two years ago I met women she was sweet loving and seem to have a strong want for a happy future. I knew she smoked pot however I did not realize how much until I was completely involved. Then I found out she from time to time do coke with friends. I thought love would change everything. Needless to say two years later I still am with a pot smoker who from time to time does coke. Unfortunately she sees nothing wrong with this. I do its money we don’t have a an a heart break for me because I feel I am worth so little to her. I am lost it’s not easy to leave but I feel I have no other choice. Seems simple right just leave! Well I am struggling to find the strength to walk away just as she struggles to stop the drugs!
Flissk07

Re: Lost and confused want to run for the hills

Unread postby neilcs » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:05 pm

In the same boat . But mine drinks a bottle of jagermeister a day .Pretty much worthless till I get home.
neilcs

Unread postby steelerfan68 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:16 pm

I feel 4 u .Ive been living with a jagermeister drunk 4 4 years now .Desprately need help
steelerfan68

Unread postby CBDubs » Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:53 pm

You all are very strong and are to be commended for having the strength to reach out for help. You are not worthless and if you are made to feel that way, take the leap and be your own person. Easier said than done, but you need to take care of yourself first. Unless you are married to this person, you have the opportunity to separate yourself from the situation. You have it in you, you will find someone else that shares your values and interests.
CBDubs

Unread postby ebonyq1004 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:50 am

I just found the strength to put my boyfriend out last week after four miserable years and 2 more children. As hard as it was to see the cops make him leave, each day thereafter got better for me. I am working on rebuilding me and although I am still there for him, it is from a distance..suprisingly it seems be be an eye opener for him and may just safe his life. I just realized that staying enables the addict....find the strength in you to get help for yourself and surround yourself around people who have experienced a situation such as yours..it will help you realize that none of this is your fault and that you need help to cope with your dealings.....hope this helps...stay strong!!
ebonyq1004

Unread postby imdannyg » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:20 pm

well one good thing is your not alone or unique. I dont know if your in recovery or just looking for help for her but if u are in recovery then yes u absolutely need to remove yourself from her. Give her an ultimatum...either stop the drugs or you cant be with her. Also if she doesnt think she has a problem u can ask her if thats true why is she doing it knowing u cant afford it. If anyone is spending money on anything recreational and its taking food out of your mouths or preventing u from paying ur bills ITS A PROBLEM. And if your not an alcoholic or an addict then it may be a little easier for you to stay with her to try to help her but everything has a limit. But overall i would give her an ultimatum. But also remember if she decides to leave instead of stop, it doesnt mean she doesnt love you, she is just really sick. Good luck and take care
imdannyg

Return to Family and Friends - Drug Addiction