I can't take it anymore!!!

This forum is for family and friends of people who are addicted to drugs
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

I can't take it anymore!!!

Unread postby ebonyq1004 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:48 pm

I found this site and don't really know how this works but here goes......
I am 28 years old with 3 children. I am living with a man who is addicted to pills..which ones I don't even know because he lies so much. First it was percocets..then he went into rehab after we were about to get evicted from our home because he was lying about paying the rent. Then he was taking charcoal pills from an herbal store and was supposed to be all better... after that came suboxone.....and from what i understand he never stopped taking the percocets. Now a co-worker has introduced him to methadone...and some days he is okay but most days he is always yelling at my children and arguing with me about any and everything....I even tried taking him to church and he was texting someone for pills and left...He has thrown things at me and my children and chased us down the street before when I was trying to leave with my kids. I used to sleep in the car some nights with my babies. My family has lost respect for me because he is still in our lives. He called for an ambulance one night saying he felt like he was having a heart attack and when he went into the er and they would only give him motrin...he walked out without being discharged. And about a month ago he was on top of the balcony standing on the rail as if he was going to jump in front if my 2 year old son...he puts me down all the time..he lies on me to his coworkers and all our mutual friends .....I used to be a beautiful woman with high self esteem and happiness..My friends won't come to my house ...I am alone....My children need me and he has stripped me of who I am!He tries to make me fell worthless and if it weren't for my faith I don't know where I would be. If I ask him to leave I fear he will physically harm us all...He sold the television and claims he did it to get me a birthday gift. ...I don't know what to believe...and I am afraid of what he is capable of and I cry all the time because I have so much to worry about and no one to talk to...my mind is all over the place but i am actually trying to get better and seek help so i have a lot of stories over the past 4 years and I am just tired of going through this. He says he is on methadone only to stop from needing the percocets and takes one a day ..which is a lie..he was taking about 20 percocets a day....$200 a day and now he doesn;t bring his pay stubs home lies about what he makes and gets angry when I ask him for money for the house and the kids and the bills....I am so lost and regret the day i met this man and don't know how to help him but I realize i have to help myself for my children. I just got a job and i am working towards my independence again but i could use some advice.
ebonyq1004

Re: I can't take it anymore!!!

Unread postby napalmsticks2kids » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:14 pm

Your man is not a bad person i assume ,but definately is sick.His actions are caused by his addiction,not because of any charachter defects.What you need to do is get yourself to an alanon meeting.It is for the suffering families of addicts and can help you steer through this horrible predicament that your man has dragged you into. good luck.God will never give you more than you can handle,but you must recognize his loving hand when it is extended toward you.
napalmsticks2kids

Unread postby eb » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:10 pm

Thank you so much for the encouraging words. I did hear about the al anon meetings through a friend and look forward to going. I am a little embarrassed to show my face and talk in front of people but I need to be around supportive people who understand and are going through the same things if not worse. All I can do is have faith in God. Thanks for your response..it brightened my night.
eb

Unread postby geri24 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:53 pm

The alanon meetings helped me keep the focus on me and how I want to live my life.Meetings can be tough at first.But don't stop going.
And listening at first helped me greatly.You will start to feel better every time you go.
geri24

Return to Family and Friends - Drug Addiction