Need advice

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Need advice

Unread postby kev610 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:10 pm

Hello,

I am new to this... i been a drug user for 20 some odd years its only been pot. I have not smoked in 5 days.. I know people say pot is not physical addictive but the mental part is killing me.. Its all I know and its how I lived my life for so long I dont know anyother way to live.. I think about getting hi all day long, I have not and I dont plan on it but not helping the constant craving.. My wife does not understand this and thinks its a cop out for smoking... I am just not sure what my next step is.. I am seeing a shrink and I hope that will help. I went to NA meeting some years back and I did not feel like I fit in because the only drug I do is pot, i dont drink or use anything else.. Most of the people at the meeting where therefor heavy drugs or by court order and i dont fit into that.. I just wish I did not think of getting hi 24*7, yet thats where I am right now.. Not sure how to surpress these feeling, I am sick of hurting my wife with my smoking and I am no role model for my kids.. So with these craving there is alot of guilt and self worth issues also.. Just looking for adivce on how to deal with this.. Plus i am ranting on here because its easy and helps...

Thx
kev610

Re: Need advice

Unread postby Guest » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:25 am

Hi Kev610,
I think it would be a good move for you to go to NA meetings - it's not the substance that you are using that is important (e. g. pot vs cocaine or vodka or pills), it's the fact that you are addicted to a substance, the fact that you think you cannot live without using that particular substance. Seeing a shrink will definitely help, but going to meetings and also trying to understand why you think you need a substance to go through life would help too.

Re: Need advice

Unread postby Johnny » Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:00 am

Here is something you should think about...

Many addictions can be dealt with in the following manner : "It is a manual and oral habit." Do something else with your lips and lungs.

Learn to whistle and ride a bicycle. The Pot is making an otherwise productive life seem magic. But it's not magic. It's the "MPS syndrome."

(Magic Piece of Shit) While I am not a rabid anti-drug priest, I do not recommend daily use of pot just for the habit of it.

You seem to be dealing with it without too much trouble, but it's the same as alcohol. You'll wind up in trouble if you abuse the substance.

"All things in moderation." Pick a VERY special occasion. Don't make it just a "yeah, let's light up a joint" every day thing.

This way, the substance will be a special occasion in your life instead of ruining your family relationships.

Maybe just on holidays. That way your kids will appreciate that "there is a time and a place for everything."

"We do it every day and all the time" is going to piss off the community and get you into trouble. Chill out a little !!

LV,
Johnny
Johnny

Return to Drug Addiction