"What is Sobriety" Contest

General questions about recovery
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Re: "What is Sobriety" Contest

Unread postby djr0379 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:25 pm

Sobriety is finding the Infinite Power of Boundless Love inside of oneself and knowing that Love as your real self and letting it flow free to all those around you
djr0379

Unread postby kaiwes » Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:09 pm

Hi at 1st I had to think what the topic meant Sobriey Contest.What the heck it's not a contest but as I read the blogs It Is What Sobriety means to me. Good day for that though. I went to a meeting last p.m. and only about 10 showed up. This meeting and alot these days are smaller and smaller. I am an OLD TIMER by the definition of years. I have 29 years and am 53. So when I go to a meeting and myself and maybe 2-3 others with long time sobr. are there why isn't anyone else coming. We have lots of new kids on the block, and they are running the show, we need those with wisdom, experience, strength and hope. My sobriety didn't mean just go to meetings because I was new but because it is the SINGLE MOST PRECIOUS GIFT I HAVE EVER RECEIVED AND WANT OTHERS TO FIND THE PEACE, SERENITY, ABILITY TO HAVE THE PROMISES COME TRUE. THANKS K :wink:
kaiwes

Unread postby JZing » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:58 pm

I relate to, and commend all of the words, but I can best relate to 'guest' on 9\3, because I have 3 sons, and those words hit home. Thank you all for inspiring me. I need this badly.
JZing

Unread postby gbs69 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:53 pm

I believe Sobiety is admitting to your self as well everyone in your Famly and your piers that you have an addiction problem to Alchole
gbs69

Unread postby alonzo@196 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:24 pm

Sobriety is to staying clean from all mode substance. Don't pick up the first drug. A drug is a drug....................
alonzo@196

Previous

Return to New to Recovery?